Top 10 best no-spill cat water bowls
As an Amazon/CHEWY Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Most cats have a cordial relationship with their water bowls. But some playful kitties just love creating a mess around their water bowls – either by splashing or spilling the water or by just knocking the entire water dish.
If you are a parent of such a water-sloshing kitty, then a no-spill cat water bowl is something that can be of great help.
So, which are the best no-spill cat water bowls that can minimize the mess created by the kitty? Are there any splash-proof cat water bowls that can help reduce water-splashing games on the carpet or floor?
In this article, we will look at answering exactly the above questions and list some of the best no-spill cat water bowls available in the market to minimize the mess created by your kitty’s water games and sloppy drinking habits.
We will look at both the spill-proof pet bowls, which are difficult for felines to flip, and the splash-proof pet water bowls, which help reduce your cat’s pawing and water-sloshing behavior.
We will also discuss some of the major factors to keep in mind before picking the best no-spill cat water bowls and share our top picks. Read On!
Also, check out our article on the best cat water fountains if you are looking for a running water source for your kitty.
Best no-spill cat water bowls list
Some of the best no-spill cat water bowls and splash-proof cat water bowls in the market are listed below:
Why do cats spill or splash water?
There can be many explanations for the water-spilling and splashing habits of felines. Some of the major reasons why cats love to spill or splash water are:
- Most cats love running water more than standing one, some more so than others. So they flick the water in the bowls with their paws.
- Another reason for flicking the water in the bowl can be to adjudge the depth of the water.
- Some pawing or spilling the water maybe because they do not like the type or placement of the water bowl. Factors such as bowl elevation and whisker fatigue are prominent reasons for the cats exhibiting such behavior.
- Some cats (mostly younger kittens) simply love to play with water. It’s a type of entertainment to them.
- Sometimes, spilling and splashing maybe because of behavioral issues such as anxiety or seeking attention.
Now that we have looked at the primary reasons why cats love to spill water, let us now look at how no-spill and splash-proof cat water bowls can help in minimizing this behavior and the mess created.
What are no-spill or splash-proof cat water bowls, and how can they be helpful?
No-spill and splash-proof cat water bowls are specially-designed pet water bowls that help in achieving one or more of the following:
- Minimize spilling of water by flipping or over-turning the bowls.
- Minimize playful pawing and splashing of water.
- Minimize splashes due to sloppy drinking habits.
No-spill cat water bowls are also sometimes known as dripless water bowls or spill-proof water bowls. There are essentially three different common types of designs of these water bowls. Many models tend to fall in more than one of these categories, meaning that they not only prevent spills but also help in minimizing playful splashing and slobbering.
- Splash-proof cat water bowls: These cat water bowls are special bowls that dispense water in a way that a playful kitty gets minimum opportunity to splash and spill the water around while drinking it. They achieve this either by limiting the size of the opening through with the cat can access the water or by limiting the amount of water dispensed at one time. Prestige Road Refresher No-spill Water Bowl and LumoLeaf No-Spill Pet Water Bowl are two popular examples of no-spill cat water bowls.
- No-spill or Spill-proof cat water bowls: These cat water bowls, as the name suggests, are specially-designed bowls that prevent spills due to flipping or over-turning of bowls. These water bowls achieve this either by their weight or their design. And different bowls offer different levels of protection from spillage. Modern Artisans Ceramic Splash-Free Water Bowl is an example of such a cat water bowl.
- Splash-controlling stations and mats: These drinking stations and mats are designed to prevent the splashed or spilled water from spreading to the floor. These splash-catching solutions can be used with standard, no-spill, or splash-proof cat water bowls to control the mess created by the pet. Some of them even work with food – both dry and wet kibble. Neater Feeder Deluxe Mess-Proof Elevated Cat Bowl and UPSKY Double Dog Cat Bowls are two examples of splash-controlling feeding stations.
From the above discussion, it is clear that you have a bunch of options for splash or spill-proof cat water bowls, and you can pick the best design based on your preferences.
The exact choice of the type of spill-proof or splash-proof cat water bowl would essentially depend upon your cat’s breed, size, and drinking habits.
Now let us look at some of the best no-spill and splash-proof cat water bowls available in the market for sloppy drinkers!
Which are the best no-spill and splash-proof cat water bowls?
Prestige Road Refresher No Spill Water Bowl – Best splash-proof cat water bowl
Material: BPA-free, non-toxic, toughened polypropylene plastic bowl and lid. Velcro pads and additional fixing pads on the base for stability on almost all surfaces.
Size and Capacity:
- Small: 22 fl.oz.; 7.5″ x 7.5″ x 3.0″, 0.8 lbs.
- Large: 54 fl.oz.; 9.5″ x 9.5″ x 4.0″, 1.12 lbs.
Suitable For: All cats and small, medium, and large dogs, especially flat-faced breeds. Also works for all types of travel.
Price: $$ to $$$ depending upon the size.
- Innovative, award-winning spill-proof pet water bowl made of BPA-free, heat-resistant plastic. Designed and made in the UK.
- Patented design with a three-part construction – the tapered water bowl, a floating plate, and a no-spill border rim. Can be easily dismantled and is dishwasher-safe in the top rack.
- One of the first manufacturers to implement the self-replenishing design that allows a steady flow of water at all times but restricts the flow whenever there is a surge of water from cornering, braking, kicking, etc.
- The covered design also minimizes evaporation and contamination by reducing exposure to dust, dirt, and insects.
- The unique design also reduces slobbering by up to 70-90% by keeping the pet’s ears and beards out of water.
- Has a Velcro base to fix the bowl on carpets, and additional safe fixing pads for fixing the water bowl to most other surfaces
- Available in two sizes and five elegant color combinations. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer.
The award-winning Prestige Road Refresher No-spill Water Bowl is one of the first pet water bowls that implemented the no-spill, self-replenishing design.
Since then, this spill and splash-proof pet water bowl has been one of the most popular mess-free water bowls for domestic use and travel. The bowl works well for both cats and dogs. And there is a good reason for that.
In fact, the “Road Refresher” brand name is so popular, you will see some knock-off brands offering their own “Road Refresher” models. You would need to ensure that you always opt for the “Prestige Road Refresher Bowl.”
The Prestige Road Refresher No-spill Water Bowl features a three-part construction with a tapered water bowl as the base, a floating disc in the middle, and a spill-proof border rim on the top. All the parts are made of dishwasher-safe (on the top shelf), BPA-free, non-toxic, toughened polypropylene plastic that is durable, safe, and heat-resistant. The tapered design provides a steady, stable base for the bowl. The bowl is designed and assembled in the UK.
What makes the Prestige Road Refresher No-spill Water Bowl a winner over other spill-proof pet water bowls is its ingenious design. This design ensures a steady flow of water in the drinking basin at all times but restricts the flow whenever there is a sudden movement and surge of water from cornering, braking, or toppling by the pet. The design can reduce slobbering by up to 70-90% by keeping pets’ ears and beards out of water.
This design also means that it not only helps in managing splashes but also makes the bowl relatively spill-proof – a perfect feature for travel. It even has a Velcro base to fix the bowl on carpets, and additional safe fixing pads to fix the water bowl on most other surfaces. And covered floating disc limits the water level in the drinking basin, thereby minimizing contamination and evaporation.
The Prestige Road Refresher bowl is available in two sizes with a capacity of 22 fl.oz. or 54 fl.oz. and weighs 0.8 lbs. and 1.1 lbs. respectively. We feel it would be nicer to have a 64 fl.oz. model as well for extra-large and giant dog breeds. It is easy to clean, and all parts are dishwasher-safe in the top rack, though we recommend you clean it thoroughly by hand at least once a month or so.
The bowl is available in five bright color combinations and backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer. If you face any problem with your bowl, you can always reach out to customer service for a replacement.
For its decent quality and smart, efficient design, the Prestige Road Refresher No-spill Water Bowl is our Editor’s pick for the best no-spill cat water bowl. This ingenious pet water bowl can considerably reduce the splashing, spilling, and slobbering by playful and messy cats.
- Award-winning spill and splash-proof pet water bowl made of BPA-free, non-toxic, toughened polypropylene plastic. Designed and assembled in the UK.
- One of the first manufacturers to implement the self-replenishing design that is both splash and spill-proof and can reduce the slobbering by up to 70-90%.
- Helps in reducing evaporation and contamination by reducing exposure to dirt and dust. Also works well for travel.
- Features three-part construction that is easy to dismantle and assemble back. All parts are dishwasher-safe in the top rack.
- Comes with a Velcro base to fix the bowl on carpets and additional safe fixing pads for fixing the water bowl on most other surfaces.
- Available in two sizes and five bright color combinations, including pink, and backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer.
- The fill-line of water level is not easily visible and can sometimes lead to an ineffective performance if over-filled.
- Costlier than most other disc-type splash-proof water bowls.
Neater Feeder Deluxe Mess-Proof Elevated Cat Bowl – Best no-spill cat feeding station
Buy It on Chewy
Material: Stainless-steel bowls with BPA-free, recyclable polypropylene plastic feeding station.
Size and Capacity:
- Small for Cats: 12 fl.oz. water bowl, 1.0 cup food bowl; 14.0″ x 9.0″ x 7.5″, 2.2 lbs.
- Small: 18 fl.oz. water bowl, 1.5 cup food bowl; 14.0″ x 9.0″ x 7.5″, 2.2 lbs.
- Medium: 40 fl.oz. water bowl, 3.5 cup food bowl; 18.0″ x 11.0″ x 10.0″, 3.65 lbs.
- Large: 72 fl.oz. water bowl, 7.0 cup food bowl; 21.0″ x 13.0″ x 14.5″, 6 lbs.
Suitable For: Most cats and all dogs. Ideal for household use as a water and dry/wet food station.
Price: $$$ to $$$$ depending upon the size.
- Innovative pet feeding and drinking station featuring stainless steel bowls and a BPA-free, plastic protective station. Bowls are made in India, and the feeding station is made in the US.
- The revolutionary system is designed to minimize the mess by letting the spilled food collect in an upper reservoir and water flow down to a lower reservoir through a filtering system.
- Spilled food and water are collected separately. Leftover food and water can be reused, thereby minimizing wastage.
- Elevated design improves comfort and digestion. The feeding height varies from 3″ without the extensions and 4.5″ with the extensions.
- Non-skid rubber feet prevent accidental movement while feeding/drinking. Work best for tall cats (6+” shoulder height) and all dogs. Make sure you pick the one with the right size.
- Easy to clean. All parts are dishwasher-safe on the top rack. Replacement bowls are also available.
- Available in four sizes (including one specially-designed for cats) and six attractive color combinations.
- Premium-priced and costlier than most other feeding stations. Backed by a one-year manufacturer warranty.
UPSKY Double Dog Cat Bowls
Material: Stainless steel bowls fitted in a PP Resin mat.
Size and Capacity:
- 11 fl.oz.; 5.1″ x 5.1″ x 1.6″ bowl, 15.0″ x 9.6″ x 0.8″/2.4″ mat; 0.7 lbs.
- Set of 2 bowls.
Suitable For: All cats or multi-pet homes, as well as small and medium dogs.
- Smartly-designed pet bowl-and-mat combo with two high-quality stainless steel bowls fitted in a unique PP resin bottom. Made in China.
- Improved, rust-resistant stainless steel bowls do not smell or leach chemicals. The bowls fit perfectly in the elevated tray and do not get loose while in use.
- Feature an elevated 0.8-inch high station that provides more comfortable access to the contents in the bowl.
- No-spill design with the resin mat specially designed to catch any spills and splashes.
- The two bowl set can be used for food and water or just two water bowls for multi-cat homes. Suitable for all pets up to 60-70 lbs. – cats, dogs, ferrets, and more. Replacement bowls are also available.
- Easy to clean. The bowls are dishwasher-safe, but the resin mat should only be washed by hand.
- Available in a standard size and over four smart color combinations. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
LumoLeaf No-Spill Pet Water Bowl
Material: BPA-free ABS plastic bowl and disc with anti-slip rubberized legs.
Size and Capacity: 30-35 fl. oz; 8.9″ x 7.3″ x 3.1″, 1.3 lbs.
Suitable For: Most cats and small and medium dogs, especially flat-faced breeds. Also suitable for use in cars and during travel.
- Smartly-designed, splash-proof pet water bowl made of BPA-free ABS plastic. Made in China.
- Features an innovative 3-piece, welded disc design that consists of a water bowl, a fixed border rim, and a floating disc.
- The self-adjusting disc automatically replenishes the water in the basin through an opening, minimizing splashes and spills. The covered design also minimizes evaporation and exposure to dust and dirt.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe on top-shelf. However, removing all the parts may require some effort.
- Features a non-skid base with rubberized legs to reduce movement when in use. At 1.3 lbs., heavier than other cheap floating disc bowls.
- Available in two white-grey color combinations. Also available in a bundle with an additional floating disc as backup. Backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee by the manufacturer.
Petmate No Spill Bowl
Material: BPA-free plastic bowl.
Size and Capacity: 16-48 fl. oz; 8.25″ X 8.25″ X 2.25″, 0.5 lbs.
Suitable For: Most cats and small and medium dogs. Also suitable for use in cars and during travel.
- Budget, no-spill dog water bowl made of BPA-free plastic. Made in the US and marketed by Doskocil Petmate.
- Offer an 8.25″ inner diameter with a 4″ wide opening that works for most cats and dogs.
- Designed to minimize spills by 50-60% even when inverted. But does not have a non-skid base, so recommended to use with a pet food mat for better results.
- Easy to clean. The splash guard is removable, and both the bowl and guard are dishwasher-safe in the top rack.
- Available in a single blue-grey color combination. Competitively priced at well under 10 USD.
Indipets Stainless-Steel Spill Proof Pet Water Bowl
Material: Stainless-steel bowl with a removable ring. Non-skid rubber base.
Size and Capacity:
- Small: 16 fl.oz.; 7.7″ x 7.7″ x 2.2″, 0.4 lbs.
- Medium: 32 fl.oz.; 9.0″ x 9.0″ x 2.5″, 0.6 lbs.
- Large: 64 fl.oz.; 6″ x 10.6″ x 3.1″, 0.8 lbs.
Suitable For: All cats and most dog breeds. Works for water and wet food.
Price: $ to $$ depending upon the size.
- Splash and spill-proof pet water dish with an all-metal, food-grade stainless-steel bowl and lip and a skid-resistant rubber base. Made in India for the US-based company.
- Innovative design features a removable steel ring that fits onto the top of the dish to reduce spills and splashes. Works for water as well as wet food and for all cats and dogs.
- A wide rubber gasket on the base helps minimize skidding and moving when in use. Most pet owners recommend using a silicone non-slip mat to further reduce movement.
- Chew-proof, scratch-resistant, and easy to clean. The bowl and ring are dishwasher-safe (the rubber gasket on the base is not dishwasher safe). Also features a grip handle on the side for easy pick-up.
- Available in a metallic glossy finish and backed by a six-month 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer.
Kurgo Wander Portable Splash-Free Water Bowl
Material: Food-grade silicone bowl. Collapsible.
Size and Capacity: 24 fl.oz.; 7.3/6.0″ x 7.3/6.0″ x 2.75″/2.0″, 0.5 lbs.
Suitable For: All cats and small, medium, and large dog breeds. Also suitable for travel.
- Portable pet bowl made of high-quality food-grade silicone with a collapsible design suitable for travel. Designed in the US and made in China.
- Unique tapered lip helps in reducing spilling and splashing. For minimal spills, recommended filling only until half.
- Features a wedge design that ensures the bowl lays flat on the car seat while traveling.
- Collapses to a small size and easy to clean. Dishwasher-safe.
- Suitable for all cats and most dogs too. Also works as a food bowl for dry kibble.
- Available in a single size and two colors – coastal blue or red. Backed by a hassle-free Kurgo Lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
Modern Artisans Ceramic Splash-Free Water Bowl
Material: Non-toxic, natural ceramic/porcelain bowl with a food-safe white glaze paint.
Size and Capacity:
- Small: 24 fl.oz.; 6.75″ x 6.75″ x 2.5″, 2.0 lbs.
- Large: 48 fl.oz.; 9.0″ x 9.0″ x 3.0″, 4.0 lbs.
Suitable For: Single large cat or multi-pet homes, as well as small, medium, and large dogs. Ideal only for domestic use.
Price: $$$ to $$$$ depending upon the size.
- Ingenious ceramic spill and splash-proof cat and dog water bowl made of natural stoneware clay/porcelain with lead-free, food-grade white glaze paint. Handcrafted on the potter’s wheel in North Carolina, USA.
- Features a wide inverted-curve rim that reduces spills and splashes, while the sturdy, heavy build prevents the bowl from moving or flipping over.
- Designed to be scratch-resistant and chip-resistant and last a long time. Safe for use in the microwave.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe. Has three decorative rain holes on the rim to drain water after cleaning.
- Available in a single standard color and two sizes – recommended picking the small size for cats. Backed by a 30-day, hassle-free returns policy.
- The manufacturer runs the “Crafting a Better Tomorrow” program that donates a minimum of 10% of profits to non-profit organizations.
Navaris Ceramic Elevated Cat Bowls
Material: Non-toxic, natural ceramic/porcelain bowls with food-safe paint. Bamboo wood stand.
Size and Capacity:
- Small: 19.4 fl.oz.; 5.0″ x 5.0″ x 2.5″, 2.8 lbs. with stand.
- Large: 30 fl.oz.; 6.3″ x 6.3″ x 3.74″, 3.5 lbs. with stand.
- Set of 2 bowls.
Suitable For: Single large cat or multi-pet homes, as well as small, medium, and large dogs.
Price: $$ to $$$ depending on the size.
- High-quality, topple-safe ceramic cat bowl set made of natural stoneware porcelain with lead-free, food-grade glaze paint. Made in China.
- Each ceramic cat bowl can be mounted in its own elegant, four-sided bamboo stand. Higher sides further reduce the mess while drinking.
- Designed to provide about 1-inch of extra elevation from the ground to provide a comfortable feeding or drinking height.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe. The bamboo stand is also waterproof and can be wiped with a damp cloth. The bowls can also be used in the microwave.
- Available in two colors – green and grey; and two sizes – recommended to pick the small size for a single cat and the large for multi-pet homes.
URPOWER No Spill Bowl Set with Non-Slip Silicone Mat
Material: Stainless steel bowls fitted in a silicone floor mat.
Size and Capacity:
- Small: 6.5 fl.oz.; 4.3″ x 4.3″ x 1.6″ bowl, 14.2″ x 8.3″ mat; 0.67 lbs.
- Medium: 13.5 fl.oz.; 5.7″ x 5.7″ x 1.9″ bowl, 18.2″ x 11.2″ mat; 1.19 lbs.
- Large: 26.5 fl.oz.; 6.0″ x 6.0″ x 3.2″ bowl, 18.9″ x 11.2″ mat; 1.6 lbs.
- Set of 2 bowls.
Suitable For: All cats or multi-pet homes, as well as small, medium, and large dogs up to 70 lbs.
Price: $ to $$ depending on the size.
- Decent quality pet bowl-and-mat combo with two high-grade stainless steel bowls fitted in an oversized, non-slip silicone mat. Made in China.
- Rust-resistant stainless steel bowls do not smell or leach chemicals. The bowls fit snuggly in the silicone tray and do not get loose while in use.
- The extra-large silicone mat with heightened edges catches any spills to minimize spills and splashes.
- The two bowl set can be used for food and water or just two water bowls for multi-pet homes. Suitable for all pets up to 70-80 lbs.
- Easy to clean. Both the bowl and mat are dishwasher-safe on the top shelf.
- Available in three sizes and four elegant color combinations. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
Additional options and accessories
The splash-proof dog water bowls and no-spill bowls that we listed above would help minimize the mess created by pawing, splashing, and spilling the water.
Unfortunately, no cat water bowl can guarantee to eliminate all the different types of water-sloshing activities by cats.
One way by which you can further reduce this mess is to use waterproof pet food and water mats. These mats can prevent splashes and catch spills created by the playful kitty. You can use them with standard cat water bowls. They also work equally well with cat food bowls and feeding stations.
Some of the best dog mats to catch the splashes and spills and minimize the mess are listed below:
- Gorilla Grip Silicone Pet Mat: Best-selling pet feeding mat made of waterproof silicone. Features tall, raised edges that help contain both food and liquids. Non-slip top surface to prevent easy movement of pet bowls. Available in three sizes and over ten color combinations.
- Reopet Silicone Dog Bowl Mat: Waterproof dog bowl mat made of FDA-approved silicone. Raised rims help in containing the mess. Available in six different color combinations.
- Hoki Found Silicone Dog Mat: Another popular silicone pet food mat with a raised outer lip to prevent spills and splashes. Large 18.7″ x 11.8″ size and available in four colors.
You can also improvise and set up your cat’s feeding station in an oversized plastic container or discarded hard-case cooler.
Simply cut a big entry hole on one side and place the water bowl on a discarded yoga mat or pet food mat of appropriate size.
While this design may not discourage the cats from making a mess, it can at least help contain the spills to the container.
Finally, most cats prefer running water over standing one (it is a genetic trait as running water is generally fresher). So, if your kitty is spilling the water just to create a ripple as in a pond, you are better off by getting a cat water fountain.
How to pick the best no-spill cat water bowl or splash-proof cat water bowl?
With so many different designs and models of no-spill or splash-proof cat water bowls in the market, picking the best no-spill cat water bowl for your kitty can be a challenging task.
Once you have decided upon the overall budget, you can consider the following major factors before picking the best splash-proof dog water bowl for your pet or pets:
- Purpose and type of the bowl
- Building material and design
- Size and capacity
- Ease of refilling and cleaning
- Additional factors and considerations
Purpose and type of the bowl
Before you pick the best no-spill cat water bowl, you would need to think about the primary purpose of seeking such a water dispenser. Your primary objective would essentially govern the type of spill-proof pet water bowl you should opt for.
If your cat loves to splash, paw, or spill water while drinking, then a splash-proof cat water bowl that limits the amount of water available to the kitty to play with is a perfect choice.
On the other hand, if your cats trip, flip or completely overturn the water dish, then a weighted no-spill cat water bowl like the Modern Artisans Ceramic Splash-Free Water Bowl and Navaris Ceramic Elevated Cat Bowls would be a suitable option.
And if you need a combination of non-spilling and splash-proof cat water bowls, you would need to pick something like the Prestige Road Refresher No-spill Water Bowl, which combine the features of a no-spill bowl with a splash-proof cat water bowl.
Furthermore, if your preference is a bowl or feeding which is versatile enough to be used for feeding – dry or wet kibble as well as hydration, then something like the Neater Feeder Deluxe Mess-Proof Elevated Bowl would be an excellent choice.
Finally, if you need a water bowl that is also suitable for use in a running vehicle, then you would need to pick a no-spill bowl with an anti-skid base that maintains its balance even during movement. And if such a bowl can be collapsed to a small size such as the Kurgo Wander Portable Splash-Free Dog Water Bowl, it would be a big plus.
So, depending upon your primary purpose and requirements, you can zero in on the type of pet water bowl you would like to opt for. If you have difficulty deciding on the best option, we recommend picking one of our top recommendations. You would not be too disappointed with your choice.
It is also worth mentioning that some no-spill pet water bowls require some effort to train the pet to use it. This is generally not very difficult, but still something to keep in mind before leaving your pet alone with such a dispenser.
Building material and design
The building material and design of the pet water bowl is also something to look at.
Stainless-steel cat water bowls are made of brushed or glossed stainless-steel. To provide stability, some water bowls have a rubber ring fitted to the base. This rubber gasket is removable and should be removed before putting the bowl in the dishwasher.
Stainless steel no-spill cat water bowls are relatively safe to use as there are no chances of leaching of plastic chemicals. Moreover, stainless-steel bowls do not have mold or mildew build-up and hence are odor-free. They are also relatively chew-proof because of the glossy finish.
All the plastic splash-proof cat water bowls that we have listed are made of high-quality BPA, PVC, and Phthalate-free plastic materials. They are also dishwasher-safe (top shelf) and are extremely durable while being relatively lightweight.
While some people may have reservations about plastic, our take is that PTA approved, chemical-free plastic is a safe material to use for your pets as long as you are careful about accidental ingestion and keep cleaning the bowl periodically.
The only situation in which you should avoid using a plastic spill-proof cat water bowl is if you have an aggressive chewer pet who likes to chew upon anything and everything.
Silicone bowls are lightweight and safe as silicone is one of the most chemically-inert compounds out there. Such bowls are pretty portable too. You can simply fold them, put them in your cat’s travel kit and then take it anywhere.
Finally, some manufacturers have even introduced ceramic splash-proof dog water bowls. Ceramic dog water bowls are durable, safe, and more stable because of their heavier weight. Moreover, they are elegant looking, keep the contents relatively cool, and are dishwasher and microwave safe.
They are also chew-proof and heavy, making them perfect for multi-pet homes. They are, however, costlier than stainless steel or plastic slow feed dog bowls and, because of the heavier weight, not very suitable for travel.
Check the considerations around the building material of the bowl and associated parts in mind before picking the best no-spill cat water bowl for your beloved kitty.
Size and capacity
The size and capacity of the cat water bowl is another factor to consider before picking the best splash-proof dog water bowl for your beloved pet.
Both cats and dogs need proper hydration to stay active, healthy, and free from complications such as kidney stones, diabetes, and stomach ailments. Dogs typically need 0.7 to 0.9 ounce of water per pound of body weight per day.
While you can always refill the water bowl, you still need to ensure that the bowl or drinking station is big enough for the feline to have immediate access to the water, especially if you have multiple pets.
Closely related to the capacity of the pet water bowl is the size of the drinking station, bowl, or basin. Ensure you pick a cat water bowl that has a big enough drinking basin for your pet to drink easily from it without making a mess or experience whisker fatigue.
Ease of refilling and cleaning
Another vital consideration to check is the ease of cleaning and refilling. Splash-proof pet water bowls and no-spill dog bowls have multiple parts such as lids and floating discs to manage the spillage and flow of water. You would need to remove them to refill and clean the bowl properly.
Some options are easier than others to disassemble and reassemble, while others considerable force to remove the lid.
Most of the options that we listed are dishwasher-safe, but we still recommend washing them with hands at least once a week to prevent any mold or mildew build-up in nooks and crannies.
Check the ease of dismantling and reassembling the bowl before zeroing in on the best spill-proof cat water bowl for your kitty.
Additional factors and considerations
In addition to the major factors discussed above, there are a few miscellaneous additional considerations that can make a specific no-spill cat water bowl a better choice over others.
One such factor is the colors in which a particular bowl is available in. While some options are available only in a single color combination, water bowls such as Prestige Road Refresher No Spill Water Bowl are available in a bunch of bright colors, and you can pick the most suitable color that fits your pet’s personality.
The availability of additional accessories such as stands, elevation legs, and replacement parts is also something you can look out for.
The warranty and post-purchase customer service support offered on the product by the manufacturer are one of the most important additional considerations to look at.
The Kurgo Wander Portable Splash-Free Dog Water Bowl and UPSKY Double Dog Cat Bowls score big in this category as they both are backed by a lifetime replacement warranty. Other manufacturers such as Neater Feeder offer excellent one-year warranties on their products, making them suitable choices as well.
Just make sure you make your purchase only from the manufacturers and authorized resellers to ensure that you get the genuine product and not a knock-off. Any product shipped overseas and takes more than a couple of weeks to arrive is probably not an original product.
Keep these small considerations in mind as well before picking the best splash-proof pet water bowl for your needs.
Final thoughts on the best no-spill cat water bowls
To stay healthy and active, cats need an average of 0.7 to 0.9 fl.oz. of hydration per pound of body weight per day. Access to clean, fresh water becomes more important in summers and in case your pet is primarily on a dry-food diet.
While most cats are quite nonchalant about their water bowls, some cats are a lot more playful – pawing and splashing in the bowl or just flipping the entire bowl over to create a mess.
In this article, we looked at some of the best no-spill cat water bowls and splash-proof cat bowls available in the market to reduce the mess created by the pets.
We looked at the different types of no-spill cat water bowls you can consider, the factors to keep in mind before picking the best splash-proof cat water bowl, and also shared our top picks.
Most of the pet water bowls that we listed would also work well for small dogs and farm animals like goats and sheep.
We hope you found this article useful, and it would help you pick the best no-spill water bowl for your beloved cats. Do let us know your feedback and questions by commenting below. Until next time, happy Catertainment!
Image credits: Amazon.com